St. Dominic’s College, Cabra is a privately owned, Voluntary Secondary School for girls only. The school is funded in part by the Department of Education and Science.
It is a Catholic school with a Dominican ethos as outlined in the School’s Prospectus. It is under the Trusteeship of Le Chéile Trust.
St. Dominic’s College is an inclusive school which welcomes students from other religious traditions. Pursuant to the Equal Status Act, 2000, St. Dominic’s College gives priority to Catholic children in its admission’s procedure.
The Board of Management, staff, parents and pupils aim to provide an environment which allows and encourages each pupil to develop intellectually, physically, morally, socially and spiritually. In keeping with the characteristic of the Dominican spirit we make every effort to ensure that the uniqueness and dignity of each person is respected.
St. Dominic’s College offers a broad curriculum at Junior and Senior Cycles as outlined in the school’s prospectus.
Admission Procedure to First Year
Expressions of interest should be made at least two years before year of entry on the official Application Form available from the school. Application Forms can be obtained by calling to or telephoning the school office. The completed Application Form must be returned by hand to the school. Acceptance by the
school of an Application Form does not guarantee a place.
Each year the Board of Management will decide in advance, the number of First Year students for whom the school can provide an appropriate education having regard to facilities, personnel, site and resources.
To be eligible for enrolment, a girl must fulfil all the following criteria:
- Pupils must be at least 11 years of age on 1st January of the year of entry.
- Pupils must have completed sixth class in Primary School or a DES recognised equivalent.
- Pupils must take a non-selective assessment test prior to entry.
- Confirmation in writing of acceptance of the Code of Behaviour is required from the parents/guardians and the girl seeking to be enrolled.
- Parents/Guardians must accept the school ethos.
If the school is over-subscribed the following categories of students will be given priority, in the following order. The school must be in receipt of an official Application Form, at least two years prior to the year of entry.
- Pupils from St. Catherine’s, Mary Help of Christians, Christ the King schools
- Sisters of students currently in St. Dominic’s College.
- Sisters of past pupils.
- Daughters of current staff (‘current’ is defined as staff working in the school for at least one full academic year on the year the place is being offered).
- Daughters of past pupils.
- Children baptised in the Roman Catholic Faith.
For more information, including information about applications from students with special needs, enrolment procedures, transfer admissions, and re-admittance procedures, please download the full Admissions Policy document.